Blog Archive

Sunday, September 28, 2008

I love my canoe















































My inflatable canoe has been one of the best gifts Tony has ever given me. Twice this week we went to the lake and enjoyed this late September Indian summer. On Wednesday we learned about barcos in Spanish preschool and carved zucchini boats. Max announced "I'm just like Lewis and Clark!" as he carved his canoe and was elated when his zucchini boat actually floated.

We have almost wrapped up our painting projects for both our house and our friend Mado's. The youth in the ward were great help (Wilson included). Marcos acted his age and found paint to play in on several annoying occasions.

Some school highlights: Eliza, my book obsessed girl, has qualified for special reading services. weird. Cooper, my excellent student and speller has flunked his first three spelling tests because the teacher can't read his writing. I say we get him a laptop. I got a call from the PE teacher that Wilson has not once since the beginning of school brought in PE clothes. They were in his backpack the whole time. hello?!

Another euphoric 36 mile bike ride yesterday. It was sweet of Tony to give me the day while he stayed home and ripped up carpet with the kids. My sexy husband said to me (with his bedhead hair and morning breath) as I was leaving, "Don't think about me while you ride or you'll crash on your bike." You know it baby.

2 comments:

jw said...

Your fall & family festivities sound fantastic...sure missed being on the bike ride with the friendly females.

The leaf peepers are out here in full force. It is indeed a beautiful autumn.(okay, enough of the "f"s).

So we've been called to teach the senior primary - a bit daunting, but we're excited. Onward we go!

Kacey said...

I got your blog from your mom. Hope it's okay that I peek in on your life a little. You guys are so close, yet so far. It is fun to hear what is going on in your family. See you at Thanksgiving or Christmas :)