Blog Archive

Monday, October 6, 2008

birthday 37







It feels good to be this old. I love birthdays and had such a show of kindness from friends and fimly. From homemade knitted hats, to Moscow ballet tickets, to tender expressions of love from Mom and Dad, I got the royal treatment. I chose to celebrate with a day of solitude and enjoyed a bike ride on the Centennial trail, a visit to the temple and some shopping. Tony's kindest gift was taking the kids the whole day and finishing several "honeydo" projects.

This weekend was General conference. I am so lucky to live in a time when the talks are immediately accesable only minutes after they are given. It is impossible to absorb all the inspirational information during the sessions. It was Wilson's first Priesthood session. He participated in the Rippy tradition of dinner out with the guys and fell asleep during the session.

We've officially kicked off Fall with our famously sticky, caramel apple FHE tradition. I'm still cleaning caramel off the floors and walls, but it is a tradition worth repeating.

Finally, the long awaited weekend at the Beach is here. We leave Wednesday and I can't wait to hear the sound of crashing waves.

6 comments:

andrea said...

Wilson fell asleep?!? Ha Ha. At the beach, we could hold out own sacrement meeting, and make wilson give the talk. JAckson shall preside, I 1st counseler, Yuhua second conseler. I look foward to seeing you tomorrowish.

eli

Betina said...

apparently Eli did NOT hear Elder Oak's talk. I suppose they are also the young hooligans who are 'texting' during sacrament meeting.

Nothing but Riff Raff and Hooligans, I tell you.

Kacey said...

Happy Birthday Kelly! Have fun at the beach, sounds inviting in this weather!

Letty said...

Happy Birthday!!!! I had no idea it was your birthday! Big hugs and kisses from me.
I hope you have a great time at the beach...

john and amber said...

Happy Birthday Kelly!!

Betina said...

PS - Please post the recipe for that caramel so I can whip up 9 batches and take a bath in it.