Blog Archive

Monday, October 20, 2008

full fall fun

Fall is my favorite, hands down.

1. Fall hikes in the beautiful leaves and perfect cool temperatures.





2. The annual trip to the oregon coast. I cling all year to the memory of my kids running from the waves or buried in sand up to their necks. This year we traded in Thai food for fresh seafood for our adults only night out. We also added a wonderful hike and visit to a lighthouse. As usual our hike up the dunes justified our trip to Tillamook for double scoops and cheese samples. I can't wait for "Tillamint" to arrive in stores this Christmas. I always leave the ocean vacation wanting to be better, to be more charitable and motivated like my friend Andrea and more spiritually in tune and Christ-like as Betsy is. What a blessing to have good examples for me and my kids.











3. Apples. To the tune of 6,000 lbs. I love the smell and the taste of the fresh cider, applesauce and pie filling. I love that my kids invent games with apples and are skilled apple peelers and pressers. Mostly I enjoy the excuse it gives to hang out with people we really like. We made a family day of apple pressing on Saturday, and although we missed Mom, Dad and Stacey, we had a great time. Kimberly still makes the best fall dessert known to man (or woman): Apple Pizza. Cameron is still trying to invent a better cider press using a garbage disposal and hydrolic press. What a nut.



3 comments:

andrea said...

Your apple tradition is awesome! We'll have to join you sometime. And of course the beach was beyond amzing, as usual. Already looking forward to next year.

Letty said...

Thanks for letting us be a part of the fun!!! It was such a great time and we are loving the cider!

Kacey said...

Where do you get so many apples? I thought 7 boxes in my garage from Garth's grandparents was a ton.