Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Dad's Day Off / Call Night

I had a day off today, but I am on call over night in the hospital. I was on call over the past weekend. The work "on-call" means so many different things. For me, when it is a weekend, it basically means being busy most of the weekend with work. When it is a weekday it means I stay over night at the hospital most of the time.
Prior to being on call this evening,
I got to go jogging before the sunrise. It was so beautiful. The sky was clear, and it was a bit brisk. It was definately worth it. I came home and turned on the fireplace and read from Helaman chapter 14. It is incredible how specific Samuel the Lamanites prophecies were.
I got to make breakfast for the family (malt-o-meal and sausage). I enjoy making breakfast- because I enjoy eating breakfast.
I got to have scripture study with the children.
I got to go to Colfax to see my patients in the hospital - one of which I had to ship to Spokane because she was so sick.
When I came home, I got to put Marcos down for a nap. We read "Good Night, Gorilla."
I got to fix (fix may be a strong word) the garage doors, so they would close.
I got to play football with Cooper, Wilson, Brayden Winters, and Kaleb Kolb. Marcos loved being in the way - he was the roving linebacker. I had a good time.
I got to be the "all time" quarterback. We all had fun. From Wilson's wild trick plays, to Cooper's straight forward "let's run the ball, and Brayden you block for me"( with Cooper's speed and Brayden's size that worked well).
I also went over to Mado's to check out a leak that they have. I need to get a toilet seal in Colfax...maybe I can pick that up tomorro.

Mom, despite being sick, made dinner for us, and made some kind of chicken/tortilla casserole that was really good (without a recipe-she is amazing). The missionaries came over for dinner and we discussed some people that it might be good for them to visit. We have so many good people in our community. I had to run in to the hosptial to start the over-night ER coverage. We cover the ER at Whitman Hospital in Colfax on the weekdays.

When I arrived at the hospital, I realized that it was a Hospital Staff Meeting- and perfect timing, on my ER call night. I was able to attend the meeting (which is rare for me)

This has been an overall great day, except that I have to sleep at the hospital tonight. ):

No comments: