Blog Archive

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

back to school


































































The first day of school has marked the end of a wonderful summer. The children's excitement is in stark contrast to my mood of mourning. I'm not done playing yet. I want more of the carefree days at the pool and the lake when all we eat are popsicles and all we wear are swimming suits. I still want to sleep on top of my sheets with the windows wide open and the fan twirling at the speed of sound. I want to stay up late watching stars and reading books. Maybe we still have a couple weekends of Indian Summer and I'll get it all out of my system. Maybe, but I doubt it.

There were two sad little boys today who watched the big kids head off to school. Hopefully this will be a chance for the Max and Marcos to become best buddies. Max starts preschool next week and is very excited.

We had a nice Labor day yesterday. Cam and Jill, Jeff, Brian and Kelly (Stacey had to work) and Dad came for dinner. The guys golfed all afternoon and then we had a yummy dinner and did some blackberry picking. Another bonus of a big family is instant party. The cousins make instant entertainment as well.

Tony and Wilson enjoyed their fly fishing trip with the scouts last weekend. Amazingly, Tony made it home without a single injury. Cooper was green with envy when he heard about all the fish they caught. He can't wait for his turn. I'm curious to know whether anyone has done a study on the number of divorces that are a result of the scouting program. It got close for us, but I learned three very important pieces of information for maintaining marital bliss in conjunction with the scouting program. First, never assist in the packing process for scout trips. Second never, ever, ever add cheerios to trail mix. Third, picking out the cheerios is a time consuming chore, but is worth the ensuing result of the scouts finally LEAVING.

No comments: