Blog Archive

Thursday, July 22, 2021

double dip temple trip

 It has paid off to be Aunt Kelly the last couple weeks.  Last week Livi Lundberg invited me to attend her live temple endowment.  On Saturday Tony and I attended the sealing of Tony and Kelsey Lundberg.  It was a sweet experience both times and well worth the drive to the beautiful Payson temple.  I felt grateful during the sealing yesterday to have one more covenant-organized/priesthood-empowered couple on the earth.  During Livi's endowment session I gained insight about representing the Savior as I stood on Tony's right hand and wore the symbolic veil.  No other symbols or activities help me recenter on what matters, calm down about my worries, and look at the bigger picture than the temple.   

Friday Max told us he was going to SL with friends to stay at their uncle's house and go four wheeling.  My mom sensors were going off and I knew he was lying.  I asked him straight up whether he and his friends were renting a VRBO with no adults present.  He lied again.  When I called the phony number his friend answered and then hung up.   Game on.  I called the principal and got the parent's numbers of the other boys.  I called the parents got the address of the VRBO.  Then I asked Amy to pay a visit.  She didn't end up going in, but did a drive by and verified the safety of the situation.  Later the boys called to tell us how upset they were that we "stressed them out" and ruined their relaxing weekend.  Unbelievable.  I have one more year to fulfill my responsibility to parent, keep Max safe, and do everything I can to help him launch as a functional adult.  I can already tell he isn't going to let this be an easy one.   

Max stayed to work at Tyler and Chelsea's this week and I am feeling a tremendous sense of relief.  Sam finishes up school this week.  Eliza is working full time at the law office and enjoying every minute.  She quit the pool and is going full steam ahead to live in Seoul Korea for the Fall.  





No comments: