Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

snow






Well, that was fun. A few days home from school due to lots of snow was a great thing, but now it is time for the children to go back. Hope tomorrow is the day. Thank goodness we can play outside, or we might have seen a lot more of crazy Mom. Cooper took fourth at the pinewood derby last Friday and had a great time. I survived the Stake Enrichment class I had to teach with a heaping dose of humble pie. Tony and I persevered through the hospital foundation dinner thanks to friends (drunk and sober) who made the evening hilarious.

It seems death always comes in threes. Tony's nurse Margaret lost her husband on Saturday. It broke Tony's heart to hear her say, "well that's the end of that." Hopefully an opportunity will arise to talk about life after death. President Hinckley has also passed away and although we shed tears, we are so happy he is with his sweetheart. The last death was a terrible, unexplainable, tragic accident of a friend of Eliza's. Hayden fell into the family pool and through a series of freak events, drowned. His passing has shaken our community and has made me reflect deeply on how the Savior's atonement will help my friend Jill regain footing and ever breathe again. I don't believe the Lord caused this to happen, but I know He will heal hearts. Buried under all this ice and snow and cold, there are beautiful living things. I can't see them but I have hope for things I can't see and most certainly can't understand.

No comments: