Blog Archive

Sunday, July 7, 2013

pioneer trek




Of all the weird things Mormons do, this has to be the weirdest.  Tony and I paid good money for our boys to dress up like pioneers, turn in their electronic devices, and pull a handcart in the Wyoming wilderness.  And the thing is, it was all worth it.  Here is what the boys had to say.

Hello this is Cooper everybody! The trek was a very spiritual experience. I was walking for Rawsel Bradford. He was a pioneer who walked across the plains as a 13 year old. When I felt like I was going to die, I imagined Rawsel walking. This helped me to continue on. I made some very good friends on the Trek. Joseph (the boy to the right of me) and I sang as loud as we could while pulling the handcart. Singing helped lighten the load we were pulling. While pulling I got the nickname "Ripped Monkey" because I pulled the cart by myself part of the time. Part of the time the cart had two people in it, so it was very difficult.

No comments: