Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Last Day in Paris

Today we ended our trip to Paris with a day of meandering on Montmarte hill. This area is famous for a beautiful cathedral called Sacre Couer, a classic windmill near the home of Monet and Degas, a beautiful cemetary where Degas is buried, and the Moulin Rouge. We climbed all 300 stairs to the top of the cathedral and had a breathtaking view of the city. For lunch we had mussels on the shell and French Fries. We spent the afternoon shopping, but I find Paris too extravagent for my taste. It reminded me of all the high-end boutiques in Hong Kong with clothes for people of unrealistic sizes. My search for silver candlesticks was unsuccessful. I'll just have to find them at home to remind me of Paris. Our final dinner tonight was at a classic French restaurant and the food was magnificent. I had artichoke hearts on a bed of crispy romaine, flank steak and au gratin potatoes with the most amazing cheese and chocolate mousse with chocolate pop rocks on top! It was the first time I have had dinner served with a silver cover which our waiter pulled off with a flourish! I was tempted by the escargot because I remember how yummy the broth is. The night was warm, the Eiffel Tower was sparkling behind us, and somewhere an accordion was playing La Vie en Rose. It was a beautiful way to end an amazing experience. I feel so thankful for this opportunity, this adventure. I cannot wait for the chance to share it with Tony someday. I miss my kids and my home and my sweetheart and I am ready to go home.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad


1 comment:

Jim and Sue Rippy said...

I am so happy you had such a wonderful experience. I look forward to hearing even more details.