Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Easter


Easter has always been my favorite holiday.  The traditions of dying eggs, Easter Bunny baskets and the St John egg hunt are our wonderful Saturday activities.  Our egg dying doubled as a birthday party for Stella Stone and even included a piñata!





This Easter Sunday was the most beautiful I ever remember in St John.  The weather was perfect.  My kids all looked so handsome in their Sunday best and our Easter Services were beautiful.  Wilson and Cooper sang with the Shepherd girls and the spirit was so strong.  





We had 30 guests for Easter dinner this year.  I made 3 hams and a lamb, 4 dozen deviled eggs and 5 dozen orange rolls.  Mom made her amazing Blue cheese Potatoes.  We had asparagus and Kimberely's yummy salad as well as a fresh fruit plate that made summer seem very near.  We were lucky to have Uncle Dale and Aunt Nancy, Uncle Fred and Aunt Clara AND Uncle Ray join the group.   The Riplets continue to steal the show with their cuteness, followed very closely by a very cute and pregnant Stacey.  My favorite line of the night came from Evalie who proclaimed happily, 
"It's so Springish!" 
  









While teaching my Easter lesson in nursery, I told the children that Jesus died, was placed in the tomb, and after 1, 2, 3, days was resurrected!  One of my favorite little boys replied, "did he have to go potty?"  Once i gained composure I told the children how happy I was that Jesus was alive.  On cue they all started cheering and clapping!  That pretty much sums up how I felt about Easter this year.  I just wanted to go around cheering and clapping because I know that Jesus is alive.  Because He lives, I know I know I can access his help, follow His example and be alive again as well.  Hooray!

No comments: