Blog Archive

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Thoughts

This is one of those sunny spots between storms that I am enjoying so much. Wilson's success in China has given him a bit of confidence which translated into a positive youth conference experience as well as a very impressive talk on Sunday. Wilson and I were asked to speak on a principle we learned in seminary and my anxiety about Wilson's talk was much greater than my own talk. I was shocked when he presented a beautiful, pure testimony of faith illustrated by the story of Joshua and the walls of Jericho. To help things even more, he started work on Monday (tony let him drive himself). I went to see Dr Walker yesterday to discuss my parenting weaknesses. He explained that I have "irritation aggresion". I need to not engage in battles ever whenI am expriencing this phenomenon. He also suggested that it is OK to present myself as vulnerable or in a victim position to my children. I have never done this and it is hard. I will need to focus on having the spirit and putting off the natural man.

Our trip to China brought the necessity of sleep to my attention. I am fascinated with what the gospel parallel is. I know why water is so symbolic, but I haven't yet figured out what sleep could represent.

I have also been thinking about how failures can only be a learning lesson if they can be contrasted with successes. If a person, or teenager is only feeling failure, I doubt it is much of a lesson. I

It's a very rainy day today and we are at music lessons. Cooper got his braces yesterday and with his faux beats headphones and Oakley sunglasses looks like a complete teenager.

Tony's Mom was in the ER yesterday. She had her gall bladder out last week and had some complications. It scared Dad to death.



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: