Blog Archive

Sunday, September 2, 2012

Stanley market in the Rain

The was something particularly exciting about going to Stanley Market in a torrential downpour. The market is in the Old British area of Hong Kong. Mom and I had fun getting things for the kids and for Jill's girls camp. I got chopsticks for everyone I could think of and Tony bought silk ties for a dollar a piece. The boys are very proud of their Samari and pistol umbrellas which passed my test of being useful. Since we were in the British sector it was only natural that we have lunch at the "Pickled Pelican". The fish and Chios were amazing, best Iv've ever had had and Tony got his favorite French Onion soup. Mom and I ended our shopping at the wet market where we bought good produce for a reasonable cost in a very Chinese market. We did get super ripped off on an umbrella and that made Mom, the thrifty shopper, so mad! We were so worn out that night that we just vegged in front of the TV watching epic Chinese dramas. Wilson loved the ubi purple yam Popsicles.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: