Blog Archive

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The big Budda

We went for a lovely swim this morning in the amazing swimming pool at Mom and Dad's apartment. I have never swam in such a big pool in my life especially overlooking the ocean. When Dad got home from work we took the train to see the largest sitting Budda statue. We rode a very long and beautiful tram to a peaceful monastery in the tops of lush mountains. Wilson and I found the monastery very interesting although the smell of incense about killed me. I hope he was able to contrast the different feeling the Buddist temple had from our temple. We did some fun souvenir shopping and hiked on the "wisdom path" and "trail of enlightenment." There was a pack of wild dogs that scared us to death as well as a lot of random cows grazing all around. We also learned that the swastika is a Buddist symbol that the nazis reversed around and corrupted its meaning. I loved the peace of the place and our weather was perfect. We took a bus back to the ferry and rode across the harbor to see the breathtaking harbor lights. I have seen the most beautiful city in the world, I am convinced.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: