Blog Archive

Sunday, April 27, 2008

40



In honor of his 40th birthday Tony Lundberg spent the night camping in sub zero temperatures with five 12 year old scouts, finishing several household odd jobs to please his wife and impressing his children by doing 17 chin ups in a row. This guy knows how to party! I say he looks better than ever and the next forty will be better than the last.

Marcos is on the cusp of being an official walker. He is 17 months on May 1 and has been home 6 months. No child has ever received such accolades for walking. He gets a standing ovation every time he goes more than three steps and waits now to recieve his applause.

The home schooling experience continues. It has in no way transformed Wilson into the model student, but it has sure alleviated a ton of family stress. Wilson was held in at recess the other day (my least favorite tactic) to finish his work. At the end of recess he hadn't done a thing. I received a note in Wilson's handwriting and clearly dictated by the teacher informing me that he had done NOTHING all recess. I knew better, so I asked Wilson exactly what he had been doing. He proudly annonced that he had spent his time practicing writing his name microscopically. Sure enough, at the bottom of the page, were the teeny tiny letters of his name. I wonder if there is a college scholarship for that.

Every day without fail Max asks, "this is a great day, isn't it Mom!" and every night he asks, "when is it going to morning?" I think he is the kid I most frequently forget to enjoy.

Cooper surprised us by announcing that he will not be playing baseball this year. He said he'd rather spend his time fishing.

Ivy is official. Her sealing was beautiful; it was a treat to be a part of it.

Wilson, Cooper and Eliza performed at a lovely piano recital last weekend. Cooper and Wilson played a cute duet of "The Entertainer" and stole the show. Some day they'll thank me for the torture.

My quest this week is to try and figure out what it is that turns me into "Chihuahua Mom." I just start nipping at everyone's heels and yapping my head off. I think even my eyes start bugging out of my head. It is not an attractive look or behavior for me and it needs to stop.

1 comment:

Betina said...

Brother Kenneth Workman would be more than happy to include Super Dooper Cooper in his fishing adventures this summer.