Blog Archive

Sunday, March 23, 2008

easter









It was a rainy, cold Easter but our tummies are full of yummy ham, blue cheese potatoes, baked asparagus, spinach salad and my favorite hummingbird cake. Grandma and Grandpa joined us for dinner and Grandma brought the kid's contraband in the form of sugar cereal and candy. Yesterday after the St John easter egg hunt at the park we took a picnic to Palouse Falls. It was the most beautiful day. The water was roaring and powerful and the falls were incredible. We hiked all the way to the mouth of the falls. My anxiety level was so high Tony had to pry my fingers off of Eliza and Max's wrists after the hike (Marcos was safely in the back pack). The kids seemed to have the most fun jumping the rocks to cross the river and Wilson of all the kids, was truly in his element. So many good things come from hiking: it exhausts the children, they learn to help each other and depend on each other, and it's cheap entertainment. The best part are all of the gospel parallels that gush from our mouths, I'm sure to the kid's disdain. "When we follow the path, we are safe, but if we get off the path we can fall and die!" or "To make it to heaven we have to help each other past the rushing waters of trials, so we reach our destination safely." Someday the kids will mock us for these lessons, but we just can't help ourselves. I would love Palouse Falls to become our family's annual Easter tradition.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
molly said...

What a wonderful day. I can feel it looking at your photo album here! That would be a great family tradition becouse this is the best time of year to hike the Palouse Falls.

molly said...

Do not go to the akinol link above. I think it is trying to mess with my computer. I have not seen a comment like that on blogspot before.

Peggy said...

I loved reading your posts it made me want to be a mom all over again...such a great time of life! I am always amazed at how much your kids look like you and Tony! Thanks for helping Angie and Dan out with alltheir adoption questions. Say hi to your mom I have not heard form her for ages!!