Blog Archive

Monday, January 6, 2020

New Year

Happy 2020!  Only Sam partied until midnight.  The rest of us were fuddyduddies in bed by 10:00.  On Sunday night we Russ and Pam and their kids came down from Elk Ridge and Lori and Blake came from Vegas.  We had an impromptu dinner at Mom and Dad Lundbergs on Sunday night to celebrate Lori's birthday.  We played cards,  a get to know you game, and then spent time saying what  we liked about Aunt Lori.  It was a really happy time to hear stories from Grandma about growing up in polygamy.  While Russ and Pam were here, we played pickleball, watched movies and ate yummy food.  The unexpected company caused a little bit of tension between Tony and I.  We need to work through that so disruptions to our routine, don't disconnect us. 

On New Year's Day we tried to go see the Arizona side of the Grand Canyon.  We got about 20 miles in before we had to turn back from the muddy road.  Another highlight was the night Tony and I went to see the Mr Rogers movie.  We both cried and decided that our Mr Rogers is Audrey Kolb, who we miss so much. 

Mom and I went couch shopping and had such as happy time together.  I am as impulsive as she is indecisive, so it makes for an interesting shopping trip!  Wilson received an airline ticket for Christmas from his birth sister to go see him in TX.  He left after Christmas and stayed through New Years.  When he arrived at the airport his birth family greeted him with signs that said, "Welcome Home from Rehab."  This upset me very much, but Wilson thought it was hilarious.  On his way to Texas he got snowed in in Denver.  He was really stressed about it but found a traveling partner that he got a hotel room with.  Wilson reported that his birth father was crazy and believed wholeheartedly in a flat Earth.  He did believe that his birth Dad was a millionaire, and only worked as a CNA for fun.  Wilson's birth sister Rebekah looks a lot like him.  She is married to a former biker currently out of jail two years younger than her Dad.  Her Mom died when she was in junior high and she was bounced around friends houses until her Dad took her in.  As Wilson described it, his life and hers could not have been more different.  There was a lot of drinking and smoking pot, but there was also a lovely church service where Wilson felt the spirit. 

This week Tony and I had a chance to go to a pedicure Kareoke party.  It was Tony's first pedicure and we laughed our heads off.  Afterward we had gourmet pizzas and cupcakes.  This ward sure has some fun people. 

I've recently been able to go to the family addiction support group.  Last time I went I heard a phrase that I think will be my 2020 theme:  "With my bruised heel, I will crush his head."  In other words, whatever hurts and trials I am experiencing will be how prevail.  I am excited to see what this year brings.  I am anxious to get Max home and work really hard at parenting him.  I am excited to launch Eliza.  I am excited to see Samuel live up to his prophetic name.  I am even more anxious to discover more reasons we were led to St George. 

No comments: