Blog Archive

Tuesday, August 13, 2019

Happy Birthday Max

Dear Maxwell,
Today you turned 15 and started a new school, in a new city in a new place.  This birthday marks an entirely fresh start for you.  I can only imagine how hard it is and how much anxiety you must feel.  I do know that it kept you from going to church on Sunday, a lost phone privilege,  and resulted in some damage to the rental house.  The damage will need to be fixed, but it doesn't change how much Dad and I love you and how much potential we see in you.  We love watching your personality emerge and how you are asserting your individuality through your sick rap music and drip.

I learned this birthday that Heavenly Father is a way better birthday planner than I am.  I really turned everything over to him on the morning of your birthday and then just tried to follow the promptings he gave.  Heavenly Father arranged for you to meet two new friends, go play basketball at the rec center, ride scooters all over town and Panda Express at 10:00 at night.  You were in heaven.  Eliza and Marcos even got you donuts.

I love you so much.  I'm proud of you and pray every day that you can see how much God loves you and what great things he has planned for you. 

Love, Mom

No comments: