Blog Archive

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Shattered plate

I like things in life to look right, to be in order and to make sense. For example, my friend Valerie gave me a beautiful set of plates representing the 12 days of Christmas. She found them at a thrift store which makes them an even more special gift. I decided to hang the plates in the living room to enjoy them. After getting them hung just right, I stood back and delighted in how they looked, a full set on the wall, hung beautifully. Everything was just right. The next morning when I came downstairs, the first plate was shattered on the ground. It had fallen off the hook in the night. I cried, because my perfect display was ruined, unbalanced and undone.

The shattered plate is a perfect symbol of how life feels to me. Just when I get things arranged and put in order so that everything looks right, something out of my control shatters it and I am left unbalanced, out of alignment and undone. Most of the time, the shattering is Wilson related.

I need to work really hard at learning to accept imperfection. Id like to learn to accept life when something breaks, is out of balance, or out of order. There is beauty in broken things and perfection comes from Christ, period. He completes us, he fixes mistakes and broken things. I'm going to find and hang a new non-matching plate. It will remind me that beauty and happiness in life come from a perfect Jesus Christ, not


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad



No comments: