Blog Archive

Sunday, December 13, 2015

Marcos turns 9

Happy Birthday Guido!
As usual your birthday snuck up on us and you were 9 in a blink of an eye. You started your day with a gift from the Whites, a remote control, light up, noisy car. I brought donut holes to your classroom and managed to make it through the Book of Marcos without choking up. It's my favorite story and I love to share it, despite your protestations. You were happy with your late night Legos and pudding pie. Your laid back nature is my favorite thing about you. Lately you want me to tell you stories about when you were little. You especially like the ones about when you fell in the tub or squirted Ivy with a hose, the mischievous stories. You are obsessed with , "your mom...." jokes. We are all sick to death of them, but they make you and your friends laugh every time.






We celebrated your birthday again with the family at a hotel in Dayton. We swam in the pool and hot tub. We ate lunch out with our dear neighbors the Whites. We spent most of the day watching basketball and you were a good sport about it.

Guido, I love you so much. You are the healing balm in our family. You have been able to connect with your siblings in ways no one else can, particularly your big brother Wilson. I love your emerging vocabulary, your love of playing catch footballing your Dad, and the imaginative games you play with Max. I love your resistance to my daily bee-shots and your understanding of the gospel. I am so glad you are mine.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: