Blog Archive

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Womens confernce

A few weeks ago I was asked to teach a class in womens conference about simplicity. I like to teach and consider it one of my spiritual gifts but my initial reaction was to say no. I think people are pretty sick of hearing from me and a forum like womens conference exposes and exploits my weakness of seeking attention. Nevertheless, I went to the temple and agreed it the Lord would tell me what to say I would teach the class. The outline of the class came to me as clearly as a written page. The three principles of simplicity were: prioritize according to covenants, leave a margin to hear and heed the promptings of the Holy Ghost, and simplify (not streamline) by living the law of sacrifice. I have been really aware of my deficiencies in these areas and want to put these principles into practice. I had a pretty significant vulnerability hangover the morning after, but I am recovering.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: