Blog Archive

Sunday, May 25, 2014

two birthdays

We celebrated Grandmas 100th birthday in April.  It also served as a goodbye party because she is moving to St George.  I got a little teary watching Grandma sing , "You are My Sunshine,"  and "La Cucaracha."  I realized it may be the last time I see her and I am thankful for her.  Grandma is the only old person I know who seems nonplussed or bothered by little children.  I hope I inherit that trait more than any other.  Grandma gave all her great grand-daughters a porcelain doll.  Eliza was really happy with hers



Tony Lundberg also celebrated a birthday in April and turned 46.  The lovely woman in town who makes all the Stock Show pies kept one famous strawberry rhubarb hidden in her house just for Tony.  We feasted on pie all stock show weekend.  Tony got to celebrate in the most wonderful way.  His birthday was also our ward temple day and we filled the temple and grounds with youth adults and children.  We enjoyed lunch together and the feeling was really special.  After the temple we spent the afternoon at Cam and Jill's roasting hotdogs and playing games.  It was a perfect day.


No comments: