Blog Archive

Sunday, May 11, 2014

Mother's Day

This was one of the least traumatic mothers days I've had yet. I did not shed tears of guilt and remorse or run away seething to Steptoe Butte as in years past. In part, it was because all my children attended church and kept their commitments. They even played nicely with each other for the most part. In part, it was because my sweet husband showed forethought and effort to make it a nice day. He planned a menu, made cookies for the ward moms and even bought a card! In part it was because we were joined by Mom and Dad. Every day I appreciate their parenting efforts more.

Eliza spent the afternoon with Mom making a roll cake. Eliza was happy to finally get the chance to try the cake out and Mom was more patient with her than I would have been.


We gave our Moms pearls this year.  Here are all the fancy ways we came up with to wear them.










Our Mother's Day bike ride had to be postponed, but Tony and I rode out to the lake on a beautiful surprise day off.

 Mom treated us to a delicious lunch at Europa for Mother's Day.  The food was good, and I love being surrounded by my sisters in law.  What a blessing to have sisters I love and admire so much.

No comments: