Blog Archive

Friday, September 6, 2013

back to school

And We're off!  Another school year begins for the Lundbergs.  There was a ton of energy as we sent off a new junior high student and a new high school student.  Wilson already has his first football game on Friday and both Eliza and Cooper will be playing in the pep band.  Tony gave beautiful back to school blessings on Monday night. 

 I'll record one special answer to prayer.  When Tony asked Marcos what he was concerned about for his first grade year, he replied, "PE."  On Tuesday, the school counselor adjusted Wilson's schedule so he doesn't have two math classes--instead he is the new TA in Marcos' PE class.  Wilson felt like that was an answer to Marcos' concern.  Marcos also told me before he left the first day that "if I feel uncomfortable, I will ask my teacher for 11 seconds and say a prayer."  I've been trying to remember to take 11 seconds several times a day and do the same thing.

Sadly, I don't transition well. A cloud of depression looms over me as I watch the stress of school descend on my kids. My greatest joy of summer is watching that burden lift and I can hardly stand it when it comes to an end each September. We had blessings last night and I asked for a blessing that I can feel joy this year. It will be our busiest yet and I don't want to miss the happiness because Im too caught up on the orchestration of the whole family.









Marcos
I bless you to hear and speak words clearly, be a friend, listen to your teacher and obey.  You will be like the oil that makes the classroom run smoothly and helps the kids get along.

Max
I bless you to do well in math, think clearly without anxiety, know how to overcome fears. By listening you will gain confidence.  This will be a good year and you will recognize the great intelligence that you have and that you are smart.   Through  your new confidence you will. help others.  You will recognize who needs a friend and be that good friend.

Eliza
You will have the energy and the ability to memorize.  You will be blessed with the ability to be kind and communicate well with friends and teachers.  You won't be taken in by things of the world, gossip or negative behaviors of your peers.  You will be blessed with the ability to focus.

Cooper
You will be blessed to utilize your talent of organization.  You will do well as you gain confidence.  You will be able to have long term learning that will stay with you through your future to build on.  You will be blessed to more effectively lead and will not stand for teasing or bullying.  You will be kind, not use rough words and be an example showing the light you have.  I bless you with a strong desire to read scriptures and pray.  Through these practices your school study will be easier and your mind will be opened.  I bless you that you will grow physically, emotionally and spiritually this year. 

Wilson
I bless you with the ability to be strong in school and sports and as a good influence to others.    I bless you with energy.  I bless you to use your creative ability to accomplish projects early.  You will do better communicating your creative ideas and thoughts to your teachers and you will gain confidence and do well scholastically.  I bless you that your headaches will be minimal and controlled by finding ways to minimize them.  You will have time to do all you need to do.  You will have a sensitivity to feelings, seeing outside yourself.  You will be a big help to your teachers this year.  I bless you that you will do well in music, and understanding computers.
I bless you with a desire to be on your knees more,  that you will come regularly to him and access the power of the Savior.  You will heal through seminary, prayer and scripture and will have increased empathy for others.

No comments: