Blog Archive

Sunday, September 15, 2013

5000 beebees

Yesterday Maxwell grabbed the bucket of beebees on top of the lockers.  Seconds later I heard the sound of 5000 bright blue beebees cascading onto the floor and bouncing off the walls.  Max immediately feared for his life Cooper would kill him if he found out) and was overwhelmed with the clean-up job.   Happily, I did not freak-out like usual.  I asked Max if I could help.  He and I grabbed brooms and started rescuing beebees from off the mudroom floor.  Unbelievably Max allowed me to make a gospel connection.  Sin is like spilling the bucket of bee bees.  It is a mess.  It can be cleaned up and we have someone who is happy to help us.  The initial part of the clean-up/repentence is really visible, big dustpan fulls of bee bees.  After the initial work, we have to continue to pick up bee bees for a long time,  sometimes we have to continue to work on our weakness. Again, someone is there to help, to hold the dustpan, to point out hidden places.  Eventually there are no more beebees and no death threats from big brothers and all is repented of and made new.

My kids hate my gospel analogies, but this one was too good to pass up.





Maxwell also demonstrated good confidence lately by running for ASB president.  He stood up and announced, "It's time this school had a black president!   I embrace diversity,  which means I like kids of all shapes and sizes.  Vote Black Max for President!"  He didn't win so we are suing the school based on racial discrimination.  I can't believe Obama was in and Max was out--

No comments: