Blog Archive

Monday, May 30, 2011

memorial day






We split Memorial Day today between service (scraping paint for a friend), work (pulling weeds in the yard) and fun (BBQ with Keith and Sally and their kids). We attempted homemade blackberry icecream, but it bombed. Thank goodness we have all summer to perfect our recipe. Thank goodness I had all the ingredients for smores to save the day.

A talk in church yesterday has made me appreciate the freedom we commemorate on Memorial Day a little differently. The speaker reminded us that freedom is another word for agency and agency is the key part of the Plan of Happiness. When I thought of it in those terms I realized that I was a warrior for freedom in heaven, consequently giving me the opportunity to come to earth. It made me more grateful warriors of freedom who have fought on this earth and consequently returned to heaven.