Blog Archive

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

pig out









The season of entropy we fondly refer to as "summer vacation" officially begins tomorrow. To mark it's initiation we ate a spaghetti dinner without plates or utensils and used our worst manners including elbows on the table, burping and throwing food. It was awesome.

Eden and Eliza had a marking pen war today. They were covered from head to toe in colorful penmarks and were giggling like geese. I would rather not be the grown-up in these situations. I wanted to laugh and take a picture and join in the fun. Instead I asked them in my serious voice how Pres Monson would feel about desecrating their holy temples like that. Would you have written on the walls of the temple I somberly asked? The consequence was separate baths--oh the horror. I hope to nip this in the bud so it's not tattoos when they are 16.

Both big boys came home today proudly wearing honor role medals around their neck. It's amazing what turning homework in results in.

They also made a good showing at the county track meet. Wilson had two first place and a second place in his three events and Cooper had a first place and two seconds. And yet one more reason to be grateful my kids don't have my non athletic genetics.

No comments: