Blog Archive

Monday, April 27, 2009

hog joggin' stock show fun


Eliza and Max announced on Sunday that they were on a hunt for "suspicious" things. They had their bags packed and seemed very driven despite an obvious lack of understanding of the word "suspicious."

Kaleb, Wilson and Callie went to the temple on Saturday. It was Kaleb and Callie's first time. Kaleb said about the experience, "It was warm." I think he is refering to the water and the spirit. I love that boy.


Boy howdy did we get into the St John Stock Show this year! The kids entered several projects and even participated in the flower arranging competition. Marcos was the Grand Champion prizewinner for his lovely display. Not only did we purchase our obligatory pies, we dropped 50 bucks at the cook shack for burgers and fries, purchased a complete rainbow of snow cones and jumped in the bouncy castle (despite a FREE trampoline in the the backyard). After 5 miles we really earned our hog jog T shirts and shin splints this year. The highlight was of course the quintessential small town parade: reasonable length, no traffic, lots of candy.

Today Tony turned 41. He and the kids are celebrating at this moment by watching a Star Wars Movie ON A SCHOOL NIGHT with an entire package of OREOS! It just doesn't get crazier than that.


I've mentioned before how grateful I am for girlfriends (sister-friends) that are uplifting and make me want to be better. As much as I love those girls, doctor Lundberg is my greatest motivation to be better. He inspires me. He makes me feel beautiful and capable and needed. He is goodhearted, honest and hardworking. He laughs at my jokes. He seems to be getting more handsome with age. Happy Birthday doctor. I love all 41 years of you.

2 comments:

andrea said...

That picture of Tony watching Star Wars with the kids brought tears to my eyes. What a great guy and great dad. Happy Birthday Tony! I am so sad that at this moment it is snowing. As soon as we get a glimmer of sunshine it will be time for the obligatory Dr. Lundberg waterski birthday celebration.

andrea said...

So, tony's one day and 27 years older than me. shame we aren't on the same day. By the way, I did a guest post on the blog

Eli