Blog Archive

Sunday, May 3, 2009

it's too late now






Ready or not, the house remodel has begun. Deconstruction is messy work, especially when done in the rain and mud. The kids are loving it. Tony and I are trying hard to embrace this period of chaos and focus on gratitude and the opportunities for work it gives us and the kids. Plus we have the constant entertainment value of Cameron Rippy and Associates. I think this project will also resolve my culinary anxiety. Feeding three meals a day to four additional hard working men has doubled my food budget. I'm learning to cook for a crowd and serve it up hot without going into cardiac arrest.

We had our first construction tender mercy the day we poured concrete for the footings. Cameron thought he would have to drive to Spokane, rent a concrete mixer and buy concrete for a couple hundred bucks. However, after one phone call he found out that there was someone pouring concrete in town and their leftovers were exactly what we needed--for forty bucks.

Cam and his boys have also got Mado's basement newly framed, newly sheetrocked, ready for texture paint and carpet. It looks really nice.

We leave for the cruise (no Cozumel stop due to the swine flu) on Saturday. It doesn't even seem real or feasible right now. I'm going to go on this vacation with the idea that if this were the last time I could spend with Tony, my parents or Jeff and Stacey, how much would I enjoy it? I also wonder if I'll be more homesick or seasick?

1 comment:

Child of God said...

As I recall you said you were going on this cruise to, and I quote "get really tan, eat a lot of food, and have a lot of sex!" Can I say that on here?