Blog Archive

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

easter blessings



Easter eggs dyed, hid, and found. Easter baskets with flip flops and no candy. Major haul at the St John Easter egg hunt. That about summarizes the pre Easter festivities for the Lundbergs


This weekend Tony and I had the pleasure of attending our nephew Jeff's wedding in Las Vegas. We flew out Friday morning and got back Saturday night. We were there the perfect amount of time for hicks who can't handle the big city. Being in the temple with our family was worth every penny.

Sunday we hosted Easter dinner for the Rippy family. After a miraculously successful dinner of lamb, pork roast, blue cheese potatoes, orange rolls, deviled eggs, asparagus, spinach salad and fresh fruit we shared our favorite stories of Jesus. That night we had the realization that except for Tyler and Chelsea in Utah, we had shared spiritual time with every member of our families. It made Easter this year particularly special.





Marcos is two and the messes are ceaseless. I've done this 5 times now and this little Guatemalan might be my worst. Cutest, but worst.

Max was whining in the back seat of the car today about how sweaty he was. His face was sweaty, his legs were sweaty his hair was sweaty. . . He said he needed something really cold, something "in the category of icecream." Where does a four year old learn the word category?

Wilson quit track and refuses to play baseball. After lengthy negotiations we agreed to the cessation as long as he goes to study table, resumes piano lessons and runs three miles a day on the treadmill. I thought we had figured out the perfect solution for Wilson by just having him involved in all the sports. Now what do we do?

2 comments:

andrea said...

Happy Easter. Your red/white stripe jacket is adorable. We need to talk soon.

andrea said...

Also, I haven't had a chance to tell you about my Easter. I decided to cheap out on the candy this year. I bought a rip-off brand of jelly beans that were egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, gelatin-free, and sugar-free. I'm sad to say they were comepletley gross. The pina colada-flavored beans tasted like, to use euphisism, regurgatation. I'm very sorry I made my kids (especially eli, who will be 14 in 6 days) suffer through this.