Blog Archive

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

backtracking blessings






I'm backtracking blessings. The Friday after Christmas was awesome. The Hughes were here in Spokane for James to receive ECT treatment so they and the Hainsworths came (very sad without the Hughes kids) to stay the night and party like it was the new year. The total highlight for me was having Andrea and Betsy rearrange furniture and help me paint a music room. Betsy had a brilliant idea to paint my boy's old red desk and use it for an entertainment center. It cost me not a cent and is perfect downstairs with the new white-trash, big-ass TV that Tony bought. I loved our morning snowshoeing adventure too, but the selfish part of me needed them to improve my surroundings. A true friend doesn't worry about hurting feelings, they just tell you what you need, and they are exactly right.

Tony borrowed a snowmobile from some very generous friends and he and Jason entertained kids for hours--until they broke the snowmobile. Apparently Cooper was a maniac, he even scared Wilson! My favorite part was keeping the kids here and putting the adults up in hotel rooms. I think it was fun for them and was totally unstressful for me. A new tradition I think. Proving once again that St John has it all.

2 comments:

andrea said...

Oh yeah baby. St. John has it all. That was so fun staying in the hotel. I was so disappointed the 2nd night didn't work out. The music room turned out so cute and so did the desk. It makes me want to do something to my house. I wish I had the attic stash to pull out a cute old desk.

Betina said...

The music room is ROCKIN... pardon the pun.

I am looking into ordering snowshoes so count me in the next time it snows.

You are the queen of attic stash. You may have a little bit more Audrey in you than you think :)