Blog Archive

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Mozart on a summer's night



Last night, as an early birthday gift, Becky Dickerson took me to Manito Park for the most wonderful evening of music. The temperature was perfect, we sat on the grass and had delicious treats from Lindmanns and enjoyed both classical and contemporary pieces by vocalists as well as instrumentalists. We even indulged in dinner at Twiggs and had salmon and Portebello mushroom sandwiches. It was wonderful to spend an evening feeling so pampered with a friend I enjoy so much.

Becky and I talked, among other things, about dignity. I'm going to explore that word and poll my friends and family as to what that word entails. I'm interested in how I can better maintain my dignity as well as preserving others dignity. I would like to read a book on "disciplining with dignity." I know dignity does not involve shame, sarcasm or raised voices all of which I am guilty. I think it involves charity, respect and peace. The Savior, as always, will be the best example for me to study.

Wilson stayed the night with Mom and Dad last night and was spoiled. My kids are very blessed to have good grandparents, particularly ones that actually like their company. Tony took his board exams today. He is tired, but feels fairly confident he passed.

We had a great cub scout hike through (literally in) the Palouse river yesterday. The weather was perfect and the kids had a ball laying in the green mucky water up to their necks. All went well until Wilson declared he had been attacked by a leech. Leeches really put a damper on fun, real or imagined.

I love this time of year when harvest starts. I love the smell of wheat and the buzz of electricity that runs through town.

New picture of Marcos arrived yesterday. These were his cutest one yet and I clearly discern a hint of mischief in those beautiful brown eyes. I don't know what is going on with his hair--it looks wild. I am destined, with one exception, to have kids with the world's most difficult hair. Marcos clearly belongs to us.

1 comment:

Letty said...

I love Your blog kelly!! I'm so glad you have started blogging! You have such a great family and a great out look on life!
I'll be excited to check your blog.