Blog Archive

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Cooper's dinosaur day

"I went to walking with dinosaur 's . I got a shirt. I got popcorn, candy, and soda. "
-Cooper

 Cooper had a unique experience at "Walking with Dinosaurs" with our friends the Delongs. He learned that T-Rex dinosaurs are the newest breed of dinosaurs. The lighting and effects were pretty amazing he said. He also learned that Mom T-rexs can roar loader than Dads because they are protecting their young. 

On Friday night Cam and Jill and family came and stayed the night like old times, only instead of being newlyweds they came with three kids! We had a yummy blueberry pancake breakfast together and then went to Rock lake for a few hours. It was beautiful on the lake. 

 Wilson turned 11 this week. His friend Jonah Hainsworth came for the day with his wakeboard-injured Dad. We had fun swimming and wakeboarding at Rock Lake. Wilson and Jonah practiced pellet gun and slingshot shooting all afternoon and made more than one hornet mad! 

Here is what Wilson had to say about his birthday: "It was very fun! I got a lot of cool stuff like a machine gun and I shot it at the bee's nest and made 100.000.000 bee's mad. All I wanted for my birthday party was for my "cousins" to come, but Jackson, Yuhua and Eli were at scout camp. Then Jonah called and said, "Hey, my Dad needs to work in Pullman, can I come over?" It was like Heavenly Father gave me a birthday present. It feels good to be 11."  

On Monday night we celebrated Grandma Rippy's 93 birthday. It was fun to see our cousins and Aunt Clara and Uncle Fred. Grandma is one of those wonderful people that is perpetually optimistic. We are grateful for her.

1 comment:

andrea said...

We tried to take the kids to walking with dinosaurs on Saturday too but the only tickets left were $100.

Glad that cooper got to go.