Blog Archive

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Happy 19th birthday Maxwell

 Dear Maxwell,

19 marks an important step as you move from Pullman to Provo.  I have the strangest mix of anxiety and peace as I watch you move forward.  I see a lot of evidence on maturity.  You are taking care of your beautiful body.  You are grateful and willing to help at home.  I asked you about your second tattoo which says, "private victories."  When you told me the meaning, I was really impressed to hear the impetus for it; that you want to find validity and approval from within (maybe even above) rather than from without.  That's a life long quest for all of us.  

Your smile has been and continues to be one of the greatest joys of my life.  You are so full of potential it almost hurts.  I love you.  Happy Birthday.  






No comments: