Blog Archive

Sunday, March 26, 2023

Happy Birthday Lula!

 Dearest Eliza,

Today you turn 21.  That means that 21 years ago the world was illuminated by a beautiful ray of sunshine.  From the minute you came into our family you have brought peace and joy to the people around you.  Some of my happiest moments have been observing your relationships with your brothers and, especially Dad.  I admire the strengths you have that I don't:  a quiet soothing voice, a calm spirit that is content being alone, and of course, hair and makeup skills.  This year you've learned a lot about yourself, maybe even recognized things you would like to change.  I hope this is the year that you experience the power of acting, the gift we all have been given,  to decide the trajectory of our lives.  I'm hopeful that you get to experience that circumstances, money, or other people don't determine our happiness.  Thank you for being the center of our family, the safe and happy place for all of us.  You are my sweet girl and I love you so much.  Happy Birthday beautiful Eliza.






No comments: