Blog Archive

Monday, July 29, 2019

A Cinderella Story

Last weekend was a magical, Disneyland, fairytale kind of weekend.  On Friday Jackie, Cooper's birth Mom and her husband Fahd came to visit.  Cooper and Jes came to stay and for a whole weekend two families became one.  ALL attention was on Cooper and he ate it up.  Jackie and Fahd arrived on Friday night and we had a quick street taco dinner then ran to the lake.  It was late so Cooper showed off his ski and surf skills while we enjoyed our beautiful lake together.  One more happy memory on Rock Lake to treasure.  On Saturday Tony was off to the hospital so we all enjoyed breakfast together then did the big tour around town.  The store, the school, the soda fountain, the park.  After lunch Coop took them to see Pullman and to the top of Steptoe Butte.  Thankfully I was able to make it to the temple to join my family for the bittersweet experience of Evan's endowment.  Sweet because Evan is the first missionary in our family (every missionary is a miracle), and bitter because I had hoped my boys would also be receiving that gift.  Because Tony wasn't there I was able to stand in the prayer circle with Tyler and all my family.  That was a tender moment.
On Sunday morning Jackie and Fahd came to say goodbye.  Jackie spent a few minutes with Tony before he left for the hospital and then a few with me before church.  Jackie told Tony and I that we had given Cooper everything she had hoped for for him.  She didn't mean the house and the boat and the stuff, she meant the relationships with his siblings and with us.  Hearing her say those words gave me a feeling of approval like the one I imagine I will feel with Heavenly Father after I die.  It's not the feeling of approval from earning or hustling, it's a peaceful feeling that I was enough and that my offering was acceptable. 


No comments: