Blog Archive

Sunday, March 29, 2015

Trail run

After the temple session on Thursday, Tony and I thought we would enjoy the beautiful weather and explore some trails in the Dishman Mica park. We looked at the map, planned out a route and took off running. After several miles and beautiful terrain, the trail ubruptly ended on 31st street. We were miles from our car and out of water. We problem solved in several ways. Tony said that as long as we were together, he didn't mind being lost. I asked a guy for directions. We turned on the GPS and followed direction from satellites above.

This happens to me all the time. I follow the well groomed and marked path, expecting an easy loop. Inevitably, I reach a dead end. I feel frustrated and afraid that I won't reach my goal destination. Like Tony, I should focus on the joy of just being with my family, even when things seem wrong. I should ask for advice from people who know the terrain, who have good perspective and experience. Especially, I need to rely on direction from above and continually ask for direction from Heavenly Father. The path will not be as well groomed. It will be steeper, harder to see and covered in branches, but I will make it to the goal. I can rely on The Savior


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

Location:Almota Rd,Colfax,United States

No comments: