Blog Archive

Sunday, March 30, 2014

happy #12 Eliza

Dear Eliza,








You turned 12 this year and are a beautiful young woman.  I know you are an official big girl because you wanted new clothes and highlights in your hair for your birthday, instead of dolls and dress up clothes!  We celebrated with a waffle and whip cream breakfast before school and you were proud to wear the new neon pink sweatshirt that your hip Grandma picked for you.  We were both too tired to venture out for the Women's Broadcast so we gave each other pedicures and watched it in the attic.  I cried thinking how lucky I am to have a daughter to celebrate womanhood with.

I cannot wait to see what lies ahead for you.  You have so much potential with your strong, beautiful body, bright mind and sweet personality.  You are the girl everyone likes, the student teachers appreciate and the athlete coaches focus on.   You are your Daddy's bright spot and your brothers are getting pretty protective of their sister.   I love you with all my heart and cannot wait to share all the upcoming milestones with you.  I promise you Hula Lula, that life after 12 just gets better and better.

No comments: