Blog Archive

Sunday, January 13, 2013

sunday spa

Max and Marcos provided a "spa" for Eliza and Reggie today including cucumbers on her eyes, a foot massage with "ointment" and hairstyling. Should I be nervous about how much Max enjoyed doing this? Marcos offered Reggie some similar services, but he didn't like it as well. Yesterday was a big basketball day, for everyone except Wilson. He chose to bail out on his team and let down his coach. This is a painful experience for me. I generalize his choices to the rest of his life and become easily convinced that he will never be able to hold down a job. Despite my fears and "worst case scenario" attitude, Wilson spent two hours chopping wood, another two hours cleaning the church and we enjoyed a really wonderful evening having dinner at the Chinese restaurant in Colfax.


 Eddy, the owner, is member of our ward and Tony and I both felt inspired to go, dine, and leave a healthy tip. I love that my boys have their Dad as an example of generosity. On Friday Tony asked me to go to the basketball game with him. The spirit told me to go. I chose not to (too tired, too much noise blah blah blah), despite Tony's request and the promptings I felt. Later Tony shared his disappointment and the responsibility of my choice left me feeling very badly and aware of my selfishness. My quantifiable goal for the new year is to sacrifice something I want to do for something Tony wants to do at least once a week. This should not be hard. I get my way about 90% of the time and Tony is a very undemanding husband. I am a 40 year old spoiled princess and it is time for a little give. Except for the week in Paris--that one I'm not giving up.

No comments: