Blog Archive

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

a scripture meant for you

Dear Kids, I was truly inspired by a talk I heard last October General Conference by Elder Eyring. In the talk he explained how he had carefully and prayerfully chosen a scripture and a symbol for each of his children and carved a wooden plaque for them. While my carving skills will not ever allow me to present you with this gift, Dad and I have studied the scriptures carefully and have discovered a meaningful scripture and symbol for each of you. We hope that you will take opportunity this next year to study your special scripture and discover why Heavenly Father inspired us to give it to you. Cooper: 2 Samuel 23:2 Mouth "The Spirit of the Lord spake by me and his word was in my tongue."
Marcos: D&C 84:116 Hair "Let him trust in me and he shall not be confounded; and a hair of his head shall not fall to the ground unnoticed."
Wilson: Romans 10:17 Ears "Faith cometh by hearing and hearing by the word of God."
Eliza: 1 Samuel 12:16 Eyes "Now therefore stand and see this great thing, which the Lord will do before your eyes."
Maxwell: Ecclesiastes 8:5 Hands "Whoso keepeth the commandments shall feel no evil thing."

No comments: