Blog Archive

Monday, October 3, 2011

hot at 40


I hate to sound obnoxious, but I am 40 and it is awesome. In celebration, I bought new leather boots and cashmere socks and had my windows cleaned. I think the window cleaning might become my new tradition--worth every penny and enjoyed every day. I spent a lovely day at the temple, my other birthday tradition, and ate almost an entire pumpkin pie. Saturday is my birthday bike ride, so I'm really stretching out the festivities!
The highlight of my day was the "every decade" letter I got from my Dad and Mom from Hong Kong. My Dad sent it for me to read "anytime I feel unloved." I could not possibly read that letter and feel unloved. It is so obvious for me to know that there is a God because I have a Dad who loves me. I can love God because I love my Dad. No wonder I have not ever had to question my faith; my parents were and are perfect living examples of this principle.
So far, everything is better at 40. I love the freedom that getting older gives me. I like growing old with Tony. I like getting fatter. This will probably be my best year yet.

We enjoyed conference with our new friends the Stones. We are all very in love with their little girl Stella and Stacy has won us over with her cinnamon rolls and BBQ chicken pizza (to die for). I provided the hot wings. I can't wait to start digging into the talks for the revelation I need to raise these kids.








40 miles at 40 with my dear friends Colette and Betina. It doesn't get better than this!

1 comment:

andrea said...

Happy Birthday. Love the dress in the first picture.