Blog Archive

Monday, May 10, 2010

day of mother





It was hard being the mom this week; a slap-in-the-face reality check. These beasts that I love beyond words pooped their pants, lied to me, whined and disobeyed. I did more things wrong than I did right. The hallmark of this Mother's day was an overwhelming realization of the intensity of this job. This year I keenly felt my dependence on God to not screw these children up. Mom and Dad and Jeff and Stacey came for dinner (Tony was on call). My Mom gives me hope that I can compensate for my mistakes as a mother when I'm a Grandma. Whatever mistakes she might have made as a mother she has totally compensated for as a super Grandma.

Major points to Jeff for making the most delicioso coconut Flan. He had me at coconut.

1 comment:

Betina said...

El Flan de Salvacion?? Que suerte!