Blog Archive

Friday, March 26, 2010

Abuelita




Wednesday was Parent/Teacher conference day so no school. We took advantage of the freedom to go visit my sweet 96 year old Grandma in Cheney. For the most part, my Grandma is very peaceful. She is happy, doesn't complain and tolerates children amazingly. I love her soft skin and that she has always had beautiful nails. We always get a little treat when we visit her and I continue to be amazed at her piles of crocheting despite her poor eyesight. I'm pretty sure it is the crocheting that keeps her alive. Perhaps when she has filled her hot pad and washcloth quota, she can rest in peace.

After our visit the little kids and I went biking and roller blading at my favorite trail at Fish lake. Max announced all the wildlife (chipmunk, squirell, marmot) like he was from National Geographic and the kids loved going under the train trussels. Roller blading is my new favorite exercise, especially trying to keep up with the kids on bikes.

No comments: