Blog Archive

Sunday, September 20, 2009

the president speaks

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you the new ASB president of the St John Elementary School!

I ran for president and won. My campaign slogan was "Vote for Super Cooper!" I promised to get terriyaki dippers back on the menu, foreign pen pals and help organize a science fair. My opponent was the girl across the street who broke my nose. I wore my suitcoat to give my speech and I looked "hansum." This is going to be my best year ever.

For FHE last Monday Grandma and Grandpa treated us to the Spokane Fair. It brought back great childhood memories. I remember Grandpa Chocolate in his booth selling Little Giant Ladders, getting my first taste of a good and greasy Elephant Ear and the smell of a barn full of chickens. The rides, (just like now) terrified me. It was fun to watch my kids and nieces and nephews getting their first taste of cotton candy and trying to decide which ride to take. The highlight was the tractor pull. Kimball not only won the pull, he won for biggest smile and best crowd pleasing performance. Eliza was thrilled to get her purple cowgirl boots shined up with Grandpa. It's these sweet experiences that make Mom and Dad's mission to Mesa seem bittersweet. I'm so excited for them, but they will be missed.

No comments: