Blog Archive

Monday, July 17, 2023

Wilson's Birthday

 Happy Birthday Wilson!  You are 27 this year and are fit and handsome.  You have a beautiful daughter who loves you.  You are a gracious and polite person to be around.  You have a good and gentle sense of humor.  I am also cognizant of the battle you fight everyday feeling inadequate, powerless and discouraged.  I admire and learn from your example of waking up everyday and trying again.  Yesterday we had an honest conversation where you told me that when a kid feels often enough that they are a disappointment to their parent and the people around them, they give up.  I could have done a better job when you were growing up giving you messages of acceptance and I'm sorry.   I hope I am doing a better job now.  I am very curious to see how your life unfolds.  I am confident that you are doing your best and want you to know that I see you trying.  I love you with all my heart.  

Happy Birthday 

Love, Mom


No comments: