Blog Archive

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Happy Birthday Cooper

 Happy 24th Birthday dear Cooper,

Every year I try to write a birthday letter to my kids.  They may never read it, but every word I write, I mean with my whole heart. 

Dear Coop,

This year my heart is so full of gratitude for the tremendous gift that you have given Max, and us, in giving him a place to live.  It has been a sacrifice of money, patience, time and self.  You have a natural gift of compassion and empathy, and this year has put those gifts to the test.  You have proven to be unselfish and generous.  I think you are also learning some important lessons about setting boundaries, and communicating your expectations and needs.  I really hope that these hard earned skills mean better relationships in your future.  It brings Dad and I so much joy to see you enjoy and succeed in your job.  We will never forget the day you received the clear impression for your future.  From that moment on you have been laser focused on achieving that goal.  It is another of the strengths we admire about you.  This year was also the year you broke up with Jes.  Our hearts broke with you as you navigated that most painful experience and have learned to grieve.  We are grateful for the times you reached out to us for comfort and hope you know that we will always be here to support you.  I love you so much.  I love being your mom and can't wait for our relationship to grow as you experience being a parent some day.  

Happy Birthday!

No comments: