Blog Archive

Sunday, December 18, 2022

December 2022




 December is in full swing and we have had a peaceful month.  Last Wednesday was one of my favorite days.  We dropped Sam off to take his final driver's test and headed to Cedar City to catch the 7:00 session.  As we walked into the temple the snow was falling softly and the lit  temple was beautiful in the darkness.  When we came out of the temple the snow was glistening in the sun with hundreds of diamonds.  We spent the next couple of hours helping Rebekah pack and get ready to move to Las Vegas. We got lots done and then drove up the canyon to play in the snow. The snoeshoeing was great and a good workout as usual.  We grabbed Cafe Rio salads and headed home for Tony to play raquetball, and me to take Sam to counseling.  We ended the night at the Spanish activity.  We were exhausted, but it showed me the correct and possible way to "serve night and day. " 


Last weekend I went up to Salt Lake City to help Amy get her apt all settled.  We worked hard and got it so cute.  I told Amy the weekend was all about her feeling prioritized.  For me it was a lesson in receiving revelation and that there is always enough time  when I follow Gods agenda.  

We have had Kimball staying with us for a week and have enjoyed having him here.  He is in a time of figuring things out and I hope he can feel safe and loved here.  He wants to serve a mission, but I think timing is everything.  

Our only work parties have been school related.  We had a holiday Bunko party and on Friday I hosted a luncheon for the speech therapists. It was fun  to pull out the Christmas dishes and host my friends without stress.  

Last Tuesday night we crashed the Prime rib dinner and musical theatre at Diamond Valley.  Fun to be spontaneous, but we like going with other people better.  

The gifts are wrapped and our neighbor gifts have been delivered.  We have a happy week ahead of us and the kids will come home on Christmas.  Keeping it calm and Christ centered is all that really matters. 



No comments: