Blog Archive

Sunday, August 14, 2022

30 year anniversary




 30 years ago today I married Tony in an act of faith dependent on an unmistakeable answer to prayer.  I married because when I asked God if I should, the answer was an undeniable, yes.  It was a pivot point of my life, the defining choice of my adulthood.  That experience of revelation meant that I could never deny the existence of God, my relationship and value to Him, or the expectation and potential he had for me.  It is the watershed of my whole life.  

By getting married, Tony and I entered into The New and Everlasting covenant of marriage and were ordained with the power to seal children to Christ.  We received God's creative priesthood power and accepted an assignment to gather the house of Israel by creating a family.  Our assignment looked different than some because we formed a family through adoption.  However all of our children are sealed to Christ through our united priesthood power, exactly the same as if they had been born to us.  Through marriage and motherhood, God is recreating me.  My inherent selfishness, narcissism, and fear are being replaced with trust in God.  He is trying to teach me not to rely on other's approval or behavior to define my worth. He wants all my actions to be motivated by a covenant relationship with Him, through Christ.    

I have survived cancer, adopted 5 times, and experienced amazing travel opportunities,  all referred to as miracles.  But what I define as a miracle is recognizing and seeing God in a revelatory moment, not in a desired outcome.  That means that the greatest miracle of my life was the answer I received on my knees, beside my bed, that God wanted me to marry Tony Lundberg.  I can say I'm grateful for Tony, for our adventures together and for our the family we made.  But the greatest blessing of marriage is that is it a constant daily reminder that God has, does, and will continue to communicate with me, that He loves me, and that He has a perfect plan for my life.  

We celebrated yesterday with our favorite things:  temple, Shakespeare festival in Cedar City, amazing hike in Kolob.  And, of course I whipped Tony in Bananagrams.  Can't wait to see what the next 30 years will bring.

Lorna Doone Tony Lundberg, Lorna Doone.  




No comments: