Blog Archive

Friday, June 24, 2022

Musings

 Miracles

I heard a beautiful poem this morning on a podcast and wanted to share it with my uncle Bob, an English professor and poet.  I searched the author's name and title of the poem for an hour, but couldn’t find it.  In an instant, a tiny thought entered my mind that “Petals,” the poem’s title, can be spelled with either a “t”or a “d.”   I modified my search and quickly found the poem.  It was a little miracle, but the miracle wasn’t in finding the poem.  The miracle was in the instant that I received  a tiny revelation to change my search.  It was the moment of inspiration,  communication, and willingness to be open and listen to an idea that didn’t originate with me.  


I’ve experienced other miracles.  In my early 20s I prayed every day for years to receive confirmation from God that I should serve a mission.  One night, an idea that wasn’t mine came into my head and heart.  Instead of my usual question, I asked God if I should marry Tony.  The lightning bolt answer and subsequent wedding were not the miracle.  The miracle occurred the moment I hear and recognized Divine communication.  


We have friends who had an impossible thought come to them.  Their idea was to pray for a job that would pay off all their medical school student loans, upwards of a million dollars.  In the following year, the job they found offered a loan repayment program that was almost to the dollar of what they owed.  The miracle was not the loan repayment.  It was the instant that they received Divine communication and reframed and renamed the impossible as possible.    



No comments: