Blog Archive

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Sam turns 15

 Happy Birthday Sam!

I've found such delight in you.  

I find delight every time I walk in your closet or bathroom and see how you organize and tidy your world.  I got a big kick out of your  decision to have your sister highlight and perm your hair.  You are pretty proud of those crazy curls and luscious locks.  I was proud of the way you handled the disappointment of not making the basketball team.  You looked the coach in the eye and shook his hand.  You continue to follow, support and enjoy all your basketball teams with passion and the most amazing memory for scores and stats.  You are generous with Max, but also learning to be boundaried.  I am delighted by the way you advocate for yourself and are learning to communicate what you need  clearly and unapologetically.  We had a really fun night watching basketball and eating good burgers at Burger Theory with you.  It was fun to watch you rock your new Nike shoes-with crease guards.  Cooper sent you $100 for your birthday.  You spent 20 on Dairy Queen and said you will save the rest to see the new Spiderman movie.  It was pretty fun to be spoiled by your big brother.  Max took you to In N Out after the game to celebrate the Crimson Basketball win.  I think it was a good gift.  I love the way you talk to me, even if you call me Bugz.  

I love you with all my heart.  




No comments: