Blog Archive

Sunday, September 12, 2021

Jackson and Allie Hughes get married






Covid has turned a lot of things upsidedown over the last year and Jackson and Allie's wedding was no exception.  After careful precautions like masks, Covid tests, and even postponing the wedding for a year, the dreaded corona virus managed to ruin another gathering.  Poor Savannah, the most cautious of anyone I know, had some sniffles on the night of the rehearsal dinner and opted to stay home. Because she is so careful she took a COVID test.  When it was positive, she took another then called Betsy in horror.  She had exposed all her siblings and parents to Covid.  They wouldn't be able to attend the wedding!  All the travel and clothing and expense for nothing. I felt so bad for Betsy and Jeff.  The weight of everything came crashing down and Betsy had a lot of grief come pouring out, when she least wanted it to. That's pretty much how grief works.  Jason, Andrea, Jack, Eli and I represented the Blughesworths.  The wedding venue was the most beautiful I've been, set in the gorgeous state of Pennsylvania.  We were served an unbelievable vegan dinner and I was obsessed with the fake brie cheese wrapped in phyllo.  Eli was the best man and gave a perfect toast with his clever sense of humor.  Allie and Jackson make a wonderful couple and are excited to start their adventure to Denmark where Jackson will work for the Lego company as a designer.  

On Sunday I got to spend a lovely day in Philadelphia. I parked at the temple and walked around the downtown. I love old things.  I love being in places with a story.  I even got to participate in Evan's homecoming talk on Zoom, sitting at the temple visitor's center.  It was a whirlwind weekend and I loved being apart of the messiness, happiness and reality of family. 

No comments: